FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Depending on your length of stay:
- long term students (3 months and over) are required you to pay 4 weeks deposit and 1 month (lodged with the RTA and refunded at the end of your lease) bond before you move in.
- short-term students (under 3 months) are required to pay 2 weeks deposit.
- Occupancy fee of your furnished room
- All Linen
- Cleaning of your room on a weekly basis
- Cleaning of communal areas 2 times per week
- Hot and cold water
- Use of all facilities including communal kitchen, dinning room, TV room and out door areas
- Free 4GB of internet for all long-term residents per month (stays of 6 months or more)
- Wireless Internet access (usage is on a user pay basis)
Famous Racecourse Rd is less than 400m away, Portside Wharf is 300m in the opposite direction and the brand-new Harbour One is less than 100m from our front door. In a short walking distance, you will find a Post office, library, all the major banks, Woolworths, Coles, several gyms, pharmacies, physio, doctors, a pub, shops, cafes, restaurants, news agencies and cinemas. Toombul shopping centre is only 4km from our doorstep and also there is the heart of Brisbane, the City Centre only 6km down the road.
No Phone, Yes if you are a long-term resident you will receive FREE 4GB of internet per month. Alternatively, if you would like to top up your usage or are only staying with us a short time you can access Wireless NBN Internet and you can choose the package that is right for you, there are no set up cost and no contracts.
Yes there is 1 laundry with a coin operated washing machine and dryer. There are also 4 clotheslines for guests to use.
There is limited on street parking. We do recommend using public transport.
Yes your room does get cleaned on a weekly basis. The cleaner will remake your bed with fresh linen (that is provided), vacuum your floor and empty the bin. The rest of your room is your responsibility i.e. your desk. it is also your responsibility to pick up everything off the floor for vacuuming and strip your sheets off the bed and place in laundry for the cleaner.
No, Bed Linen is provided for you. However, you are welcome to bring your favourite pillow or doona cover and don't forget to bring a towel.
Our year runs for 42 weeks. During that time your room is your own and you do not have to vacate. However, if you are not going to be there overnight or for extended periods you will need to inform us.
Standard tenancy regulations under the Residential Tenancy Authority apply. There is a Residency Conditions Form Agreement of Stay and Residential Tenancy Authority form that you will need to read and sign before your start your residency and Allen Street Accommodation.
All rooms are individual locked and there are security doors fitted to every external door. The house is locked up at 11pm every night.
In a shared room there are 2 beds, in most shared rooms there are 2 desks and 2 clothes cupboards.